This May we held the Spring Clean for a Cause event along with FOX Richmond. All donations received went to benefit our charity partner United Methodist Family Services. The goal of UMFS is to provide a network of human services to enable children and families to realize their hopes for the future. With the help of you all, we collected well over enough clothing to help families in the UMFS program. We drove all over Richmond throughout the month of April picking up clothes to be distributed in May. Our volunteers spent over 200 hours sorting clothes in a storage facility donated by Thompson. Because everyone gave so generously we had an abundance of clothing left over. We held a yard sale with the extra clothes and allowed families to choose items at no cost.
- Over 6,000 pieces of clothing, shoes and accessories were donated
- 1 donated storage facility
- 200 hours of sorting clothes
- 4500 hangers donated by RichClean
- 250 hangers donated by Handcraft Cleaners
- Clothing donations filled 8 donated Smart Boxes which were used to transport the items to UMFS
We thank and appreciate you Richmond for donating and helping us with a cause we believe in!
The Closet Factory- Richmond